Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I am having irregular periods,taking folvite

my periods are irregular means every 15 days... now we are planning for a baby... my weight is 40kg and my height is 5 feet 3 inch.. now my doctor gave me folvite tablets so can u tell me is it help me for regular period or pregnancy?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Tab. folvite neither helps to regularize the periods nor it increases your chances of conception.It only helps to prevent the brain and spinal cord related defects in the baby if at all you conceive on your own. You need to regularize your periods first.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 12 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum...
Fovite is folic acid which is usually given to all pregnant ladies for the good development of baby and prevent any spinal cord defect. So please take it regularly.. Hope this helps.
Take care..
Answered: Tue, 12 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor