Owl Image

I am having heart flutters. Should I be worried ?

There is no pain, just a bit of an irregular heart beat. It started after I ate too many cookies.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
You are having a classic sugar rush. It should go away. :)

Within the past 3 months I started experiencing heart fluttering on an irregular basis maybe a couple of times a week at different times of the day. I was concerned so I went to the AZ Heart Institute for a test and they gave me a calcium score of 104 which is considered moderate. The site was in the lower anterior ventricule. I exercise at least 4 times a week to include cardio work on a machine for roughly 40 minutes trying to keep my heart between 120 and 160. Do i just need to focus more on a healthier lifestyle or be worried at this point? My cholesterol on my last test was 150, triglycerides -111, HDL was 32. All other blood work was normal with exception of Hematocrit which was 39.9. What should I be concerned about?

Hi,for the last two days I have been experiencing a little numbness and tingling in my left hand. Also, I think maybe I have a bit of a heart flutter. There is no real pain in my chest just a little discomfort. I have been quite stressed and unable to sleep throughout the night. I am starting to worry as I dont want to have a heart attack or anything of that nature. Is this something I should see a doctor for?

My husband is 66 yrs. old and has had two heart attacks, one 21 yrs. ago the second 16 yrs ago. He had a quadruple bipass a yr. and a half ago and has done very well.. Yesterday morning he said his heart had been racing during the night and that it had flutters that lasted a second or two for the last month. (He had not told me about these) He called his cardiologist and they put a mobile heart monitor on him for 24 hrs. He took it back today but being the weekend we won t hear anything until Mon. Do you have any ideas what these could be and how worried I/we should be? Thank you. Sue Pennington my e-mail is YYYY@YYYY