Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

I am having fever since past 2 weeks.Is this malaria or typhoid ?

i am having fever since past 2 weeks , in first week i am having fever with heaviness in body, my doctor proscribed me ziffi200 cafixime,numusulide and aciloc, after 3days dose i m ok but after 2 days again i got fever then doctor advice me for some test of blood urine and malarial and vidal test the test were normal and no parasite found, typhoid test comes negative . dr given me medicine for viral fever , still i vont get cured now he proscribed me antimalarial medicine. but still i get fever once in a day im confused plz can u tell me i should i do, can u tell me waht is the problem ?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  156
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
See dear, Viral infection will take 2-3 weeks for complete healing. You can take Paracetamol for fever under medical supervision because Nimesulide will cause gastritis and kidney problems if taken for long time. You need to drink plenty of fluids. Drink more fruit juices. they help recovery in Viral fever much faster. Consult your Doctor regarding this and follow advice.
Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. V.Victoria's  Response
Its better to repeat your blood tests in another lab,it can be ? viral, but go for further eval under supervision.
Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
welcome and relax, right now please stop taking all medicine except for fever if u have more than 100 c (crosin 500 mg ) for a week at lest,make a fever chart at the interval of 3 hourly also regulate the dose of crosin as per your need 500 to 1500 mg in a day. repeat blood test of CBC,LFT and widal also it will help you to face the real picture and diagnosis

you may contact to me at
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor