Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

I am having difference in the size of my breasts

I am a 21 yrs old student.I had irregular periods for which i am taiking medicine recomnded by my doctor that is an oral contraceptive pill which is fulfilling the need of hormones in my body. my problem is that I am having difference in the size of my breasts.It has been few years when i told my mother about it bt then she said that its ok some difference is always there but now i feel that it is not normal as the difference is not so small to neglect.I have self examined my breast and i dont feel any lump or stiffness in it.But my right breast is quite bigger than the left if u can ,plz help.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  4 Views:  348
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
  User's Response
a small difference in size is normal, you mentioned that your right is bigger than left, in general the same difference, if it is 10-20% difference don't worry and do some exercises and consult a gynecologist.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Anesthesiologist Dr. Neetika Soni's  Response
welcome to health care magic,
your concern is right as significant difference in breast size should be investigated.this could be due to a lump orsome other pathology which can be confirmed by an ultrasound and,go and consult a surgeon.take care.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Prakash Chhajlani's  Response
Significant difference in Breast size can be bothersome and if you are uncomfortable then you need a Plastic surgery consultation.If the abnormality is there due to a lump or due to breast tissue only needs to be determined by mammo/Sonography.Lumps can be easily removed .If breast needs to be reduced t is possible with minimal scarring and will help you in your self esteem.see for details.
Answered: Sun, 5 Sep 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Some difference in size is acceptable and is normal. But if it is gross than consult a gynaecologist and examination of both the breasts. If there is no pathology, as per your breast size you can undergo cosmetic surgery as for breast beautificatioin
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor