Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

I am having bloody discharge

I have two children one passed away at 7 weeks old due to a unknown diesease. My issue is ever since I had him I have been having issues Ihad cervical dysplasia which the doctor did a LEEP and told me it was gone and it should not return. Now 4 months later I got retested and I have the abnormal cells back but now I am having bloody discharge i am bleeding during and after sex and during sex it is painful in my lower stomach. I have had issues with my whole digestive insides. I am 21 years old. I do not know what to do anymore. I am always in pain and I keep getting ping ponged around to different doctors I finally have a appointment for a specialist but I need to know what I am getting my self set up for please help thank you
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1228
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
The Cervical dysplasia in first place should be retested and continous follow up should be there as it is a premalignant condition, even though the LEEP had taken care of it. Next it doesn't mean that there is a decreased risk for Cervical cancer in future. Coming to the abnormal cells, detecting these cells early with a Pap smear is your first step in halting the possible development of cervical cancer. At least half of all women (50 to 80 percent) whose Pap smears are classified as abnormal don't have cervical cancer and don't have a condition that will become cervical cancer. Abnormal Pap smear results do indicate the need for repeat screening and diagnostic testing. So there is lot more to go like Colposcopy and/ or Biopsy. Bloody discharge after sex there are lot more reasons to think of apart from Cervical carcinoma, Cervicitis, STD's, cervical polyps, Pelvic inflammation, fibroids etc. Don't be perturbed before you visit the Gynecologist. Get yourself examined and ask all your questions, the follow ups needed.
Answered: Mon, 25 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor