Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

I am having acebecial cyst below right jaw

I am having acebecialcyst below right jow . Shall i need it to be opareted?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  234
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

It will depend on the type of cyst and the severity. Show it to your doctor who wil decide what needs to be done after examining it.

Answered: Mon, 15 Mar 2010
ENT Specialist Dr. Hemanth Vamanshankar's  Response
welcome to HCM.
First of all i want to know : are you talking about a Sebaceous cyst? If yes how did u diagnose it as a sebaceous cyst-- did some doctor tell you.
I am asking you this because swellings below the jaw have a variety of different diagnosis and one of the lesser known ones are a sebaceous cyst.

In order to go about it, you have to consult a specialist (an ENT surgeon or general surgeon), who may 1st ask you to get a scan or an FNAC (pass a needle into your swelling and test its contents) to come to a diagnosis.
Most jaw swellings need to get excised as they may tend to grow and give you an un-sighty appearance (cosmetically).
So do consult a specialist on this.
I hope i have helped you with this.

Answered: Mon, 5 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor