Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I am having a terrible lower right side head pain as i am suffering from Chiari malformation type 1

Hi, my name is Crystal. I often wake up four to five times a night with terrible lower right side head pain. Switching position can be extremely painful and can take several minutes to do so. I have raised the head of my bead and tried many different pillows. Nothing seams to help. Can chiari cause you to have very painful sleep like this, or should I be concerned that something else is to blame? I am a 31 year old female and I did have to have cervical neck fusion about a year ago.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi read your prob ,
r u suffering from chiari malformation, mention type of malformation.
the sever headach during night occure due to such malformation. you have to consult your neurologist start proper treatment.
Dr aseem
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor