Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

I am having a irregular period but pregnancy test is negative

Doc, i have my problem regarding in my menstruation, Last menstruation April 09-12-2010 and May 20-23-2010 and then June i don't have my menstruation until now July. I try using pregnancy test last June 24,2010 and its negative i try again July 11,2010 its still negative Doc. now my question why i didn't have my menstruation? doc did i am pregnant? or what doc?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Jul 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  278
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
pregnancy tests can be negative at times. you may need to get a sonography to confirm pregnancy. menstruation may also be abnormal in some illnesses and with sue of some medicines/ drugs.

dr santosh kondekar
Asso Prof TN Medical coillege and Nair hospital Mumbai
Answered: Sun, 25 Jul 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Prakash Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello and welcome to health care magic ,please have consultation with a gynecologist ,please do blood test of thyroid ,foliclicle stimulating hormone ,lh etc ,to evaluate your hormone status as these occur due to hormonal imbalance ,take care
Answered: Wed, 19 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Cutie,

Welcome to HCM.

Since your repeated pregnancy tests are Negative, other causes for delayed periods also need to be considered along with pregnancy.

Best would be to consult a gynecologist and get an ultrasound scan done. Now a days the commonest cause of irregular periods is seen to be due to a condition called polycystic ovarian disease, which can be picked up on endovaginal ultrasound scan.

Wish you all the best.
Answered: Mon, 17 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

welcome to health care magic

this usually happens because of hormonal imbalance,,as it need physical examination so please go for ultra sound ,,,visit best gynaecologist near you for final diagnosis..

take care

Answered: Mon, 17 Oct 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor