Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

I am getting spotting in pregnancy and i am taking endogest 200 mg

Hello, I am 14 weeks pregnant now. I had problems of bleeding during my 6 weeks of pregnancy .So doctor suggested me to take endogest 200 mg.Few days back i had fresh spots.But asked me to continue same tablets for another 15 days.Will there be any side effects for my baby??? Please help me.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1706
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hello, welcome to health care magic.endogest its a hormonal tablet which is for maintain your pregnancy.there is no harmful effect of medicine in your baby
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. Exogenous progesterone is given to prevent pregnancy from getting aborted and maintain pregnancy since you already had bleeding before. It is completely safe during pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Radha Narayanan
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor