Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

I am getting blood while ejaculation

i am 32 years unmarried male. till last week everything was normal but from couple of days i am getting blood while ejaculation. its thin blood without any sign of clot and i think there are no sperms in it. micturation is normal without blood but this happen during ejaculation only. doctor please help me out because i am very much worried about it. i am not on any kind of medication.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Answers:  5 Views:  976
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi Peter

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

You must be having what is called Hematospermia , blood in semen.

This is a condition that has to be evaluated for the cause.It can be idiopathic(no specific cause) or it can be due to conditions like infection of prostate gland(prostatitis ), urethral injury.

It is very essential to get checked with your Urologist.

Take care.
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
The bleeding during ejaculation is dangerous. Stop masturbation at once and consult to your doctor in person immediately for laboratory tests and accurate treatment.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi peter,
I have seen numerous cases of hemospermia, and in most of the cases no cause could be found. However it is a good idea to get an ultrasound examination done to exclude any pathology in the seminal vesicles, because in few cases I have picked up small stones in the seminal vesicle duct.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. M. R. Surabhi's  Response
blood in the ejaculatory fluid and its abscence in normal urine is abnormal
consult the urologist at the earliest possible,and get investigated.
Answered: Sat, 21 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. Rajiv goel's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic,

you have hematospermia. No cause is usually found and it subsides by itself. However, you should see urologist and get investigated to rule out other causes of hematospermia
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor