I am feeling sudden pain and swelling in lower leg,please tell me the reason & its solution

I usually get growing pains i my leg, but the other night i got a pain in my right leg which was quite immediate and got swolen almost immediatly after the pain started. does anybody know what may make this occure.
Wed, 6 Apr 2011
It may be a muscle cramp. You have not put across, complete evolution. Complete progress history of the event, would have helped.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Leg pain is very common if you have calcium deficiency. Check your calcium level in the blood. Take a calcium supplement daily. Drink 2 glasses of milk every day. Also check your blood pressure once.

vidya's  Response

Only pain and swelling? or do u see some kind of color change in the leg also. Blood clotting in ure veins can also cause something like this.