Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

183 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I am feeling back pain for the last 6 months and uric acid level is also high.

I am feeling back pain for the last 6 months and uric acid level is on the higher side I have taken zyloric 100 mg twice a day for 5 days but did not find long term effect.I get relieve for temporary period. Now the pain has started to spread along the spinal cord. I am feeling neck pain and upper back pain too. Exercise agravetes my pain. Can uric acid level high but within normal range cause back pain.
Mon, 9 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
u continue this tab , but along wid start sum exercises under the guidance of physiotherapist, in physiotherapy sum electrotherapy modalities r thr, that will cum down ur pain definitely. for all tht u go n consult physio.
tk cr.
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Swetal Bhavsar's  Response
What is the reason for your back pain ? Back pain may be from spondylitis , arthritis of facets , disc prolapse , nerve impingement or muscles...some uncommon but not rare causes are infection & tumors. Ask your doctor for a perfect diagnosis & get the cause treated.
You can control diet and increase dose of Zyloric 100 mg up to 3 tabs a day

Dr. Swetal D Bhavsara
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Abhay Dikshit's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic,
First of all the exact cause of your backache must be find out.
So, consult a renowned orthopedic surgeon & undergo thorough investigations to arrive to a proper diagnosis.
Zyloric is a toxic drug if not used properly. So, stop Zyloric. Let the diagnosis of Gout to be confirmed.
Meanwhile you can take paracetamol with muscle relaxant and appropriate back exercise.
You correct your posture while sitting, sleeping and standing.
Do not bend yourself.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dr. ankur prakash's  Response
Understanding the cause of your back pain is the key to proper as we can decide upon the right treatment course among many cause spondylolisthesis prolapsed intervertebral disc and lumbar spine arthritis and lumbar muscle pain are the most common one homoeopathic treatment can do wonders with ur back pain with careful history taking and well selected medicines hyperuricaemia usually does not affect spine consult a doctor to enquire about a cause and proper treatment best of luck
  User's Response
Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello ,
welcome to helathare magic forum ,

homoeopathic medicines treats a person as a whole , d symptoms stated by you might not be d/t backpain but can be inter- related , sure diagnosis is required, better consult a homoeopath who will take care of your backache , high uric acid levels.......
homoeopathic medic are safe n donot have any side effects .

wish u good health always , takecare !
  User's Response
Dr. sumit's  Response
your age and working style information is needed.Radiological images of lumber spine is needed.Hot foementation and application of some soothing liniments may give you benefite.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Your high uric acid level indicates that you might have Gout.
You have to continue Zyloric tablet for long time.
Do exercise like walking,slow running regularly.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i have had recent back pain along with serious ankle/feel/body swelling. Went to Dr. and was told to stop Simvastatin 20 mg. - had elevated CK level - what might I have to worry about? Nurse told me would recheck in 1 month. Also, Vitamin D level was down to 11.

doctor1 MD

Hi, i suffered from Pott s disease at D12 and L1 level 4 years back. Howvere it got cured after a period of 2 years. Now a month back i started doing cardio and picked up weights upto 10kgs. Now my back is again paining and i feel less sensation in distal part of right leg. Nolw i have left the Gym .. i went for an X-ray but it was O.K. Now should i just take rest ?

doctor1 MD

HI, I am feeling breathlessness and back-pain, In my blood sampling test reports... I have high Uric acid - 6.93 mg/dl... Iron is 53.02. LDL Cholesterol - Direct is 81mg/dl. 25-OH Vitamin D total is 25.39 ng/ml. Vitamin B-12 is 161pg/ml... Lymphocyte percentage is 42.1%... Lymphocytes - Absolute count is 3.07... Basophils - Absolute Count is 0.01... Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH) is 25.8... Mean Cordp.Hemo.Conc(MCHC) is 30.2... Red Cell Distribution Width - SD (RDW-SD) is 47.8... Red Cell Distribution is (RDW-CV) is 15.5... DIabetes Screen(Blood) is 5.9%... Avreage Blood Gulcose (ABG) is 123mg/dl.. Alanine Transanminase (SGPT) is 42.68 U/I... These all are the Deficiencies i have..

Recent questions on  Gout

doctor1 MD

I thought I had gout with a toe flare uP , all the pain is gone now but the last knuckle on my toe is still swollen and dicolored . My bloOd tests always come back negetive for Uric acid. Now my hands have started hurting....could I be developing arthritis rhumetoid.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a painful, fleshy (spongey) swelling on my right collar bone with pain emanating up my neck - across my shoulder and top of my right arm, and even in my back. I have been diagnosed with diabetes 2 (but with my complications, I think it s 1, and the metformin is not working.) about 5 years ago. I suffer from chronic gout (recently lost 60 lbs after changing diet) I also have a fleshy lump on my ribs on the left side of my torso also extremely painful to touch. I also have night sweats, fever and chills, which comes periodically - with the gout?? The gout seems to be more chronic than ever before. These lumps feel like fire burning throbbing through the area.... kind of like gout - but I;ve always had gout just in my feet..... Help! I had a step infection in my blood stream a few years ago following a robotic hysterectomy surgery.... could this be infection that was not cleared up - infecting my bones? I am in major pain.... ready to go to ER but I don t have any money or insurance - husband just left after 20 years of marriage; I am ready to die. Help!

doctor1 MD

Yes, I have was taking 100 mg of allopurinol and 0.6 colcrys to control my uric acid. When I saw the dr 2 weeks ago my uric acid was even higher. Seems high levels of uric acid runs in my family. The Dr wanted me to stop Colcrys and continue taking allopurinol but to increase it to 2x a day. Well, within a week I have an acute attack of gout. The dr then prescribed preisone and to go back on colcrys and continue w/allopurinol 2x a day. Things never calmed down and the gout got worse once the presone was stopped. This week the Dr prescribed MethyIPREDNISolone tablets 4 mg the swelling is gradually going away. No swelling in the morning and able to finally put my foot down again but the swelling in now on top of the foot and purple and the ankle is swollen. Going to see a foot doctor tomorrow to see if I need a boot put on the my foot to keep the pressure off of it for a while. I am so worried that once the MethyIPREDNISolone Table stop on Friday the Gout will return. Should I be increase the Allopuriol to 3 a day and does it cause weight loss and contine on with colcys?

doctor1 MD

I have a gout attack on the 2nd and 1st falange joint of the ring finger. Now the pain is getting better and swelling lesser. But the bones on the joint are slightly swollen and wider . Will the swelling in the bone also subside and the width of the joint become like before ?

doctor1 MD


doctor1 MD

I am taking tart cherry juice for sciatica . Will it work?

doctor1 MD

After doing a routine insulin injection into my upper thigh I began to experience intense pain in my upper thigh This happens when ever I stand. Started 3 days ago. What could this be? Thank you How long does this process take? Thanks