Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

I am constantly getting Upper back pain

I have had back pain/ache in my upper back, more specifically the area where my shoulder blades are. I have it all the time but it gets worse when i carry my college bag or i am on my period. Should i see a spinal/back specialist or is it stress related?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Jan 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  439
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum


First i want to tell you that you are very short of information. Always mention your name and age first and be very specific in your symptoms for precise solution. From how much time you are suffering from this pain ? Whether your posture is good or not whether you watch TV lying on bed or you study for long hours ?? Please give me all the details for best solution on call.9818917550

I wish for a quick solution !
Answered: Sat, 8 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
My apologies, i don't really know how to use this. I am female, 18, i have a good posture and exercise regularly. I always have an ache right in-between my shoulder blades and sometimes in my neck. I used to do a lot of gymnastics and dance from the ages 4-7 and again from the ages 12-16, and i have had this back ache/pain for around 2 years or so. As i have said the ache becomes more intense when i carry my college bag during the working week (the bag is heavy (10lbs'ish) and the week before and after menstruation/period. And i wondered if there is anything that i can do about this or not?
Answered: Sun, 9 Jan 2011
  User's Response
Also i do not watch television a lot, i do study around 3/4 hours (reading/computer work/writing) after college and obviously i am sat long hours in lessons however i get free periods too in which i will go to the library and do some outstanding work or go into the art department and work on the computers.
Answered: Sun, 9 Jan 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Udyan Bhatnagar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
It seems that your muscles are weak.Give some rest to you body from dancing and athletics for some weeks to subside the pain. You can do some hot water fomentation for more comfort. During periods body remains exhausted and due to that weakness of muscles pain gets more worse. So its advisable to not take excess strain during menstrual cycle.
When there will be a marked decrease in pain you can start your exercise to strengthen back muscle, prescribed by qualified doctor of Physiotherapy. If pain wouldn't subside then you have to come for complete and detailed checkup.

I wish for your speedy recovery!
Answered: Thu, 13 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor