Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

I am bleeding and having bump in genital area. What should i do ?

I am 14 years old, not sexually active. but last night i saw it was bleeding from a hair strand. and when i wanted to clean it, i felt a bump. it felt like a small pistachio seed. I am concerned about that. I dont want to tell my parents yet because I m too shy about it. please help me. and it was bleeding from a strand of hair.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Most likely it is due to an infected or irritated hair follicle or a small cyst. since you are not sexually active, so there are no chances of a STD. Wear cotton undergarments, clean the area with savlon and do not pop it. Application of Neosporin cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. Also avoid masturbation and intercourse till it is completely repaired.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor