Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

I am addicted with painkiller drug. Is there any alternative that i can take ?

I m pretty sure I sprained my knee but unfortunately I used to be addicted to Drugs so cant take anything for the pain except generic over the counter stuff that doesnt really help. Is there a shot or something that can go in the knee to help aleviate some of the pain?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. Welcome To HealthcareMagic

The simple treatment of ankle sprain "RICE".
1. Rest for minimum 48 hours
2. Apply Ice packs for 20 min.
3.Apply Ace bandage from toes to Calf muscles. This will compress the ankle.
4.Elevate the foot.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Mon, 27 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor