I am a diabetic,can I go to gym to burn some calories ?

I am a diabetic ..from 8 years noiw i wanna go to gym to burn some calories....i want some one to comment wether it is usefull or not....
Sat, 29 Jan 2011
's  Response

Exercise is good for diabetes i heard but, in moderation as sugar levels has to be maintained. if it goes too low during exercise, it will lead to problems. Why don't you ask your doctor, he will know your sugar levels and all that, he will be able to advise you better.

Dietitian & Nutritionist Grace Abraham's  Response
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

One of the main objective of diabetic diet is to maintain the normal weight and maintain normal blood sugars levels. Along with dietary modifications and lifestyle management, daily physical activity is necessary. About 30-40 minutes of physical activity is recommended, usually aerobic exercise are well suited since it includes brisk walking, which helps in the circulation of oxgyen when going out for a walk.Going for a gym can also be suggested if the person is feeling comfortable and not forcing to do heavy weights and workouts.Since there is always a chance of low sugars when there is extensive exercises done. So ofen advisable for a diabetic person to go in for aerobic exercise.

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Exercise is a must for all whether diabetic or not. But in Diabetic the nature of exercise should be restricted to brisk walk.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
seongho_'s  Response
if you get any accidents in gym its difficult to heal in diabetics. food control is the first thing in diabetes. exercise come second if you are obese.
uwe's  Response
I think you can go to gym. But before this i think you need to see your doctor and take his permission before going to gym