Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

I am a diabetes and still have zero will power on eating and drinking ,what do I do ?

I am a 360 pound 38yr old with Diabetes and still have zero will power on eating and drinking ,what do i do ?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  275
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

It sounds like you have,much more problems with your endrocrine system than just having Diabetes. Ask for a referal to Endrocronologist or Internist. They will check all of your body systems and tell you what else is going on with you. If you have no willpower and cant exercise, perhaps considering a lap band surgery will help, as at your age it is increasingly dangerous to be overweight, let alone the diabetic status as well. Lap band surgery will cut the size of your stomach and therefore you wont be able to eat as much as you want and then lose weight. However, this should only be considered if you absolutely cant lose weight through diet and exercise.

Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor