I am a 37yo female, slightly overweight with a history

I am a 37yo female, slightly overweight with a history of being a smoker. Don’t drink alcohol much. No other medical history other than a DVT post knee surgery. I do not have hypertension or take regular medications. I have been experiencing stabbing pains in my head over the past 3-4 weeks. Some days are unbearable and other days they’re infrequent and I can manage. My doctor prescribed medication to treat migraines without success though indometacin has helped. The pain is one sided and was only above the left ear. Its now either there, behind my eye or in my forehead. I have have strange numbing sensation in my skull, though it’s not numb to touch. It almost feels deeper than that. I have had dizziness with it, no nausea. No tearing if the eye but have had mild ptosis, which worsens by the end of the day.

My doctor has referred me to a neurologist however, I am wanting ask ask for someone to interpret my MRI results while I wait for that appointment.

Punctuate foci of the subcortical white matter T2/FLAIR hyperintensities which are non specific. This may represent chronic small vessel change though the degree and extent is greater than expected for the patients age and correlation between the patients cardiovascular risk factors is recommended in the first instance. Differentials include demyelination and vasculitis though the distribution and extent is atypical for both aetiologies. Clinical correlation is recommended.

Can someone explain a little better as to what that means? Thanks
Mon, 15 Oct 2018