Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

I am Scared of Mammogram results

Hi I have just had my first mammogam, i have breast cancer in the family from my Fathers side, and i am not sure how to read the report and needed some piece of mind. What is a large rounded mass lesion measures about 3cm? What is fibroadenoma? What is large well defined hypoechoic cystis mass? Do i need to panic? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 25 May 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  367
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
  User's Response

First off, mammograms have recently been proven to be less accurate at finding breast cancers than ultrasound, which is what I personally would recommend. A "well-defined" fibroadenoma PROBABLY means that what you have is benign, and the next step is for your doctor to perform a biopsy if he/she feels that it may be otherwise. Do follow up with your doctor soon, as no finding of something that shouldn't be there is to be taken lightly!

Answered: Tue, 25 May 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor