Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

I am 67 years old & undergone cabg for 3 blocks. Can I consume alcohol ?

I have undergone cabg for 3 blocks in the arteries about 2 months ago. I am 67 years old. Can I consume alcohol
Asked On : Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  197
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,At times moderate amount of alcohol is allowed,but the best person to answer this is your cardiologist.Depending upon your reports he will advise you,but do take regular medicines and go for regular exercise as advised this is most important.Alcohol and smoking is injurious to health if due precautions are not taken and you are already having established heart disease so be careful,bye and take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor