I am 51 and my blood pressure is 138 over 88. Is he right ?

I am 51 and my blood pressure is 138 over 88. I think this is good my doctor wants me to take tablets. is he right ?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
I am 52 . I had bloodpressure that was 138/111. I was on Tenormin 50 mg. for high blood pressure. I changed my diet. Stopped eating and drinking so many sugary drinks and candies. Stopped drinking caffine all together. Ate a lot more nuts for snacks instead of a candy bars or brownies. I changed my bloodpressure from the 138/111 down to 124/74. Plus I lowered my cholesterol from 238 down to 166. You can change any thing with diet. I know I did. I managed to get off all of my medications by changing my diet.