Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

I am 5 feet and my weight is 70 kg. How can i reduce?

i m a 21 year girl i have weight problem.. before my weight was quite ok now its 70kg and my height is just 5 feet.. nothing is working to reduce it..
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  490
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.Rapid gain in weight you should exclude any medical problem like thyroid or other hormonal imbalances.So first of all get this checked.Then you should work vigorously to loose your weight,as per your height your about 12-13 kg over wright so set a target about 7-8 kg first year.Do regular exercise without break,walking is good exercise.See initially your will not have any benefits in short term but first goal should be to check further increase in weight then stabilize it and then reduce it.take help of your doctor and dietitian for regular assistance.
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Shruti Mittal(PT)Neurology's  Response

you should first get your thyroid function test done(TSH,T3,T4).
you need to follow a strict diet and exercise regime.
you can have my e.mail i.d and contact me there,so that i can send you a full diet and exercise plan, which will definitely help you.
Answered: Thu, 3 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor