Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

I am 47 years old. My fasting sugar is 120 and PP is 124. Am I needed medicines or not ?

sir, my fasting sugar is 120 and PP is 124.1. I am 47 years old. may I needed medicines or not. moreover, I am fond of sweets which can now be reduced. my weight is 66 kg, and height is 5 6\
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Ashok, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

Your Blood Sugar reports are fairly normal, need not worry, but you should bring in some lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes. You don't require medicines.

Avoid smoking, high calorie foods, alcoholism, stress. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.

Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Mon, 25 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

Normal fasting levels are between 70-100.

Two hour post-prandial should be below 120.

I suggest you to avoid sweets and consult a physician.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health,

Answered: Mon, 25 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor