Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

I am 43 years old and i have swelling above my leg crease area

swelling and dicomfort on right side just above leg crease area. Hello , I am a 43 year old male in reasonably good health. Last week I woke up in the morning and noticed that I had a swelling on my right side just above my leg crease area . It is also a little tender , but mostly just a discomfort from the waist ban of my clothing. If I probe the area I can feel something that I do not feel on the left side in the same spot. It does not feel hard , but you can feel it. About four days before I noticed this I was bitten by a tick about five inches above this area however I do not know if this is relevant to the problem I am asking about now. The area is swollen from the forward part of my hip to 3/4 way down the right leg crease area. I hope you can help thanks Bill from ky.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  242
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
from the description it seems that the swelling may be a lymph node swelling or it may be inguinal hernia
with history of tick bite it may be a lymph node swelling
better you consult surgeon and get a clinical check up and get treatment accordingly
hope you be all right soon
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor