Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

I am 40 yrs old & eardrum are fully disappear & doctor said need immediate surgery. Is there any other way rather than surgery to fix it ?

Hi my eardrum are fully disappier, doctors said need immediate surgery . i am 40 years old, is it advisable to do surgery with this age ? next is there any other solution for fixing the eardrum otherthen surgery ?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  321
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
hello... yes the surgery can be done at this age... u did not specify as to what exactly u are suffering from... n what has happened to the ear drum..
god bless..
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Dinesh Valse's  Response
Dear c.kumaresan

what problem you are having? If your ear drum has disappeared completely there is no other way than surgery. Yes you can under go surgery at this age. If you cooperate this surgery can be done under local anaeshthesia. take care of your ear dont allow water to enter ear. keep ear dry avoid getting cold
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Kumaresan,

The doctor has mentioned about the perforated eardrum I suppose. If there is total perforation then surgery is required for repairing of the eardrum. It can be definitely done at this age unless you are having other medical ailments like uncontrolled diabetes, hypertension and upper respiratory tract infections. Till you get your surgery done avoid water into both the ears, keep it free from infections any cold or ear discharge please report to your ENT specialist immediately.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor