I am 34 years old my BP is 140/100 , is it high or low ?

im 34 years old my blood pressure is 140/100 is it high or low? im 34 years old my blood pressure is 140/100 is it high or low?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
Way too high.Get busy working with your doc.

Sir,My age is 34 i am an engineer by profession.my problem is that i usually have high BP. I have done certain tests for TSH, Cholesterol,Triglicirides . the results are usually on higher side that means Cholesterol /Trigilcrides above normal.and TSH 10.44. from last two one year i am on low salt diet and low fat diet and i am taking medecine for TSH as well.Now the results which came few weeks before are very good.everything seems to be within limits.but my Blood pressure is still not coming down. Right now it used to be 140/100 which is making me very uncomfortable.like i usually have headache and my eyes are also blurring .I haven t taken any hypertensive drug as yet.I am not able to understand what is the real cause of my raised Blood Pressure and how to cure it.is it safe to start taking hypertensive drugs at this age .do i have to continue taking them even if my B.P gets stable say after one week or so.Do i need to do more investigation to know the real cause and cure it accordingly ? My Email Id: YYYY@YYYY

I quit smoking after 28 years. I am 46 years old now. after two weeks I got blood pressure (140/100) which was not consistent. It returns to 130/90. Exactly after 2 months, pressure rised to 140/100. Then doctor prescribed micardis 80 (Telmisarton). after 28 days, the doctor prescribed micardis plus 80. I am not feeling well with it after 2 doses. My pulse rate was 126 bpm yesterday afternoon. In the evening 92 Bpm. However, this morning 88 Bpm. after breakfast 92 again. Please advise me.

I m 40 years old and and a patient of high blood pressure. When BP is high it is100(distolic) and 140. All other reports are normal.Doctor has recommended me Tazloc R and S Numlo5. In spite of the regular medication sometimes I suffer of BP. When BP is high my eyes get redden and swollen sometimes and give me a lot of pain.

Recent questions on  Sensory receptor

Hello, my wife was recently diagnosed with a glomus vagale, paraganglioma in the vagus nerve on the right side of her neck. She had experienced a momentary blindness while driving and was being checked out for a possible minor stroke, and the MRA showed that her arterial passages in the neck and head were clear, but that the carotid artery was being displaced by the tumor which had previously been undetected. She also had elevated blood pressure when she went in for the checkup, and her blood pressure has continued to increase since that time a couple of months ago. We have spoken to several people (PhDs) who are medical researchers who have indicated that this might possibly be caused by the displacement of the baroreceptors in her carotid sinus. However, her medical doctors do not believe that this a feasible cause. Any suggestions are possible known similar cases?

If u have shortness of breath, your balance seems off. Your head feels like it has air or fluid in it . What could it be. I have worked longs hours lately, not a lot of restful sleep, a lot of time in cold weather, I am female, age 66. Thought I just may be very tired. Any thought. Thanks

how dose the body maintain homeostatic during initial response to hypovolemic