Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

I am 27 years old,i have one tube damaged and other very tight,not able to conceive for this. What is the success rate of IVF in my situation ?

i 27 years trying to get conceive for the last 2 years but not get success. we already gone for iui for four cycle and lastly undergo laproscopy hystroscopy test in which doctor found that my one tube is damaged and another is very tight. is it possible to get pregnant plz guide me what to do should i go for IVF? plz provide me the best ivf centre in india.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  260
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

Since your both tubes are not favourable for conception, ideal would be to go for Invitro fertilisation. For this you will have to under go follicular growth monitoring after taking drugs to induce follicular growth and your husband's semen would be required at the time of oocyte retrieval.

You have not mentioned your location. I think local doctors should be able to guide you to a good infertility centre, where ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is done. There are I believe good centres in Delhi, Bombay, Bangalore, Cochin etc.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The conception occurs in fallopian tubes so it is very necessary that the tubes are not blocked but here in your case one is damaged and the other is also tight means to say that it is also as good as blocked.So in your case it is difficult to conceive and IVF will be a better option for you.The success rate of IVF is around 40-60 % if the semen analysis of your husband is normal.You have to get done IVF in a center close to your residence or city because you will need to visit the IVF center frequently during the treatment.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor