Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

I am 25 year old girl. My teeth are not fully aligned. I do not want to go for braces. what to do ?

I am 25 year old girl. My doctor has extracted my permanent premolar teeth & I was under impression that it is a milk teeth. my teeth are not fully aligned. now he s asking me to go for braces. but i dnt want to go for braces what to do ? plz suggest asap
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  366
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome,
Thanks for writing to us.
Your dentist may have extracted your permanent premolar teeth to get spacing for orthodontic movement of teeth through orthodontic appliances.
If you are not willing for orthodontic treatment,you could have informed your dentist prior to getting the teeth extracted.
At this state,its better to get orthodontic appliances inserted.
Since your teeth are malaligned,and the only way to correct them is through braces application,please go for it.
It won't be painful and once the treatment has completed,your smile line as well as confidence level will enhance it.
Hope this helps.
I wish you good health.
Answered: Fri, 10 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
Orthodontic correction depends on the space available in your mouth. If sufficient space is not available premolar teeth need to be extracted. Now if u r only concerned about the space of the extracted premolar tooth then you can go in for an implant or a bridge to solve it. If you have irregularly placed teeth then you have to go in for orthodontic correction.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
hello ,
what was your cheif complaint? why are you now not willing for braces? did dentist explain why the tooth was extracted? if it was for ortho treatment then it would havebeen done to create space to move the malalligned teeth into the arch . take care
Answered: Fri, 2 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
Your doctor must have done the extraction in order to create space so as to move your anteriorly (forwardly) placed teeth backwards... and i am sure that he must have taken ur consent before going ahead. Anyways as such there is no rapid solution to this.... for real quick results you can opt for surgery but then it involves its own advantages and disadvantages.... if you can mail me ur radiographs on then i can suggest u in detail regarding the surgical option...
take care...
Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor