Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I am 24 years old and i have very rough skin. What can i do ?

hello doctor i m 24 years old i have many problems to my skin sensitive dark spots, pimples ,no glow and very rough skin no suit any cream to my face
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you should take healthy balanced diet with lots of vegetables & fruits.
protect your skin with sunset cream if you are in tropical region.
Take treatment for acne from dermatologist.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!Samta ,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Let me first focus on your pimples first.
Pimples are multifactorial ,and therefore one has to find the exact cause of it.
It can be because of wrong use of soaps to moisturizers or any fairness creams which one is using , to hormonal disturbances if anybody has(esp in females).So,a complete work up is necessary in all patients.Also one should remember that its not a short course treatment,but a matter of say 6 months or so if pimples are sever .
Firstly I would advise you to stop all cosmetic creams if you are using on face.

Also look for other features of hormonal imbalance(in females) in body like weight gain,irregular periods,facial hair & scalp hair loss,pimples 2 days prior to periods ,pimples over jaw line etc .If you have any of these then get a hormonal profile done.In such cases conventional treatment for acne would not work,and one needs hormonal tablets to cure acne.

In case you don't have any hormonal imbalance & you don't respond to conventional treatment, then one can take retinoids .Retinoids is a wonderful medicine for acne,provided one gets all the relevant investigations and takes care of all the precautions associated with it.There are certain precaution which your dermatologist would tell you.As you mentioned you have dark skin spots,rough & sensitive skin ,then I would suggest you that retinoids would be the best option.

Both retinoids & hormonal medicines give excellent response .
Kindly meet a experienced dermatologist who can understand your case properly and treat you .
Please don't plan for laser or any beauty parlor treatment .
You can even take chemical peels along with the medicines.This would help improve pigmentation from your skin and even roughness.

Hope this answers your query, if you have any further questions kindly write back to us.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor