Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

I am 24 year old with mild mental retardation. Can i deliver a healthy baby ?

Hi I m 24yrs old and is 2 wks pregnant .My wt. is 45kg and hb is 9.3. I m also having mild MR. My b.p remains 85/50mmHg. What should i do to deliever a healthy baby?Presently i m not taking any medicine for MR. I took penicillin upto 18 yrs.I m not having anyPHYSICAL SYMPTOMS. i feel like totally healthy.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Vidhya,
Thanks for query,
Your weight is less and you are anemic too,
You have to improve both to get healthy baby.
Take nourishing high protein diet,plenty of milk,fresh fruits and juices,green veges.
Take dry fruits,
Take good branded Iron tablet with folic acid.
During pregnancy observe for MR.
ok and bye..
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
The BP is still low. The foetus will need more blood supply for proper growth. Due to low BP you can get very dizzy also. Get your Haemoglobin values checked. Take you Folic acid tablets as advised. Get regular checkups for your Pregnancy without fail. You may need medication from your Cardiologist in this regard. Delivery may be by Caesarian section especially if you are having symptoms like shortness of breath and palpitations, as decided by the Obstetrician.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor