Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

I am 22 years old and i have lump above collarbone,neck and jaw

I am a 22 year old female and a few days ago I found a soft, movable, lump about the size of a marble just above my collarbone on the right side. The since finding the lump my neck, from just under my jaw, down to my upper chest/ shoulder has been feeling weird like tight and I need to stretch. I ve tried stretching but it doesn t help. Also, when I move my right arm a certain way I can feel something moving by my collarbone. I usually carry my heavy backpack on that side, and I ve been lifting weights, even though I didn t felt anything give during these times, did I just pull something, or is it something else?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic forum
The description suggests that its a lymph node. But only a clinical examination can confirm that.
Lymph nodes are small mass of tissues present all over the body, in presense of an infection, inflammation, or malignancy the become enlarged , visible , palpable.

The pain in you shoulder could be unrelated to this, as you mentioned about the heavy bags you have been carrying over the same shoulder.

Please visit a general physician , to make a confirmed diagnosis.

Meanwhile give your arm and sholder rest.
Answered: Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor