Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

I am 19 year old and i just lost baby teeth. When will i get my permanent teeth ?

I m 19 and just lost my last baby tooth, will my permanent tooth still come in? My mom said it may not and I m kind of freaking out.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
I read your problem,19years for milk tooth shedding is too permanent tooth may or may not come itself,so i will suggest you please visit to your near by dentist and go for an x-ray,so that exact situation can be please go to a dentist as soon as possible.If permanent tooth is present and will not erupt itself,you have to go for proper treatment like minor surgery or braces.But nothing to get worried.take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Saket Gaurav's  Response
Don't freak out kid. Loosing the baby teeth at 19 is not a big problem, it can be seen in few cases, but the good thing is that if the space is created due to the tooth loss can be fixed. First thing you should do is go for an OPG radio graph, which will help your dentist in diagnosing the problem. Sometimes tooth gets impacted or get stuck under your milk tooth and fails to erupt, in this case with the help of orthodontic treatment and minor surgical procedure we can make it erupt. But if the tooth is not formed we can go for implant or bridge depending on the condition.
So don't worry at all and consult your nearest dentist and take advice.

May the joy be with you.
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist, Prosthodontics Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain's  Response
As the milk tooth has fallen at such a late age, chances of erruption of a permanent tooth on its own is almost not there. But as the tooth has fallen eventually there maybe an over retained permanent tooth inside which can be exposed and brought into place with the help of a minor surgery and braces. The presence or absence of your permanent tooth along with its location/position needs to be assessed by your dentist with the help of xrays.
If there is absence of an underlying permanent tooth then you need to get an implant or a fixed bridge placed. i strongly recommend you to consult a dentist for the same.
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, permanent teeth do not erupt at this age.Your permanent tooth may be missing or may not have formed. Hence the milk tooth was over retained. Or it may be lying impacted in the bone. In that case it can be made to erupt by exposing it and pulling it out with the help of braces. Please take an OPG and consult an oral surgeon. He is the right person to help you if the tooth lies impacted. Otherwise you have to replace the tooth with a fixed partial denture. Take care!
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor