Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

I am 18 yrs and my height is only 5 feet 9 inches, how to increase my height ?

i am 18 yrs and only 5 feet 9 inhes tall,,an i reach 6 feet 1 or 2 inches? i am 18 yrs and only 5 feet 9 inhes tall,,an i reach 6 feet 1 or 2 inches?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Dec 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic forum,
You still can grow as your age is favourable, but here the growth rate will be lower than what is in 13 to 17years. Hence go for physical exercises which helps in gaining weight like pull ups and swimming, take care of nutrition also , consider protinaceous food.

Thanks for visiting

Answered: Tue, 28 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sathya Prasad B's  Response
It is important that your diet aids the growth of your bones, muscles and tendons with the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins. Calcium too should form an important part of your diet.

Start stretching exercises. Toe-touches, crunches and many other similar exercises can help you to stretch out your arms, legs and spine
Answered: Thu, 30 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor