Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

I am 18 years old,short height and underweight. How to increase height and weight ?

i am very short , my height is 5.4 , i am 18years old . my weight is 41kg , please help me . i wanna grow taller and i want weight to increase what shall i do ?? i am very upset because i am thin and short everybody makes fun of me . . please i need help.
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic,
height is primarily determined by genetic and hormonal factors with profound influence environmental,nutritional and last but not the least psychosocial factors. height 5.4 is not bad at all. but important thing is to keep healthy,energetic and achieving a ideal BMI. your BMI is 15.4 ,much less than standard as per your height and weight. for you kind information,
BMI Categories:
Underweight =
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

so try to gain optimal weight,have balanced food specially rich in protein, a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, get aerobic excercise. steady increase in weight is preferable to robust growth.
hope the answer of the question.
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor