Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

I am 15 years and having painful lump under armpit. What should I do? Could it be cancer?

so i m 15 and have this painful lump under my armpit and it hurts. i m really worried. it has gone away but has come back. it s not cancer right cause i m to young to get cancer. i have been putting a hot towel on it. i really just want it to go away is there anything i should do? please help. also i have 1 under each armpit .. the one on my right isn t big but hurts quite a bit and on my left its a little big and has like white stuff on it. that s a good sign right? i cleaned it a little and some kind of came off. i m just really worried.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
First of all, no age is exempt from cancer. But dont worry. You dont seem to be suffering from it by your description. You probably have an infective cause for your problems although the exact infection is difficult to say without looking. i suggest you take a course of antibiotics for a week (Tab ciprofloxacin 500mg twice daily + Tab paracetamol 650mg thrice daily + Tab Ranitidine 150mg twice daily). If the condition improves or disappears, forget it. Else show it to a surgeon. It maybe tuberculosis if you live in an endemic area.
Answered: Sat, 28 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor