Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

I am 12 year old and over weight. How to reduce weight ?

I am a girl. My age is 12 year and my weight is 50 kg .I am very much obese. i do many exercises but I am not able to reduce my fat please tell me how can I reduce my fat?
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hi bhomika
welcome to health care magic
there is many reason for obesity so its better you go for some test to rule out exact cause for your obesity and accordingly u can be treated.
go for thyroid test (TSH,T3,T4)
did you started your menses?? go for hormones test
and visit near by gynaecologist or endocrinologist.
good luck
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Bhoomika,
Welcome to HCM.
It is the body constitution that some are thin built while others are heavy built. Learn to adjust with your body. Do not try any drastic measures to reduce your weight. Avoid in-between meals snacks, fast food, food rich in fat, play outdoor games and do not spend much time before TV and Computer.
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
welcome to health care magic
to reduce weight gain
try to have diet control first
do some yoga excercises ..which will help u to control weight but regularly
if possible go for a walk in the morning
rest try to change your life style and stay away from alochol,drugs,cigerrate
Answered: Sun, 29 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Dear Bhoomika,
I appreciate about your health consciousness,
I will ask one question weather your mom and dad are obese ?
There is hereditary tendency for having obesity.
Tell your dad to take you for thyroid test,blood sugar test.
Consult endocrinologist for hormonal imbalance problem.
Ok dear,take care..
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor