Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

I accidentally put a paracetamol rectal suppository in my daughter s vagina. What should i do?

Hello, last night I accidentally put a paracetamol rectal suppository in my daughter s vagina. Could you please let me know if this can cause problems to my child? Thanks a lot. My child is 5 years old, weights 21kgs, height: 113 cm. The rectal suppository was 125 mg.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  3992
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
though often no problems occur, you have to be utmost careful regarding the instructions. for her age though the dose of suppository doesnt matter much.
the suppostories are best given rectally keeping the child in lateral position, and well lubricating the suppostory withw ater it should be gently inserted without pain.

paracetamol is also available as oral suspension and dose for 20 kg child will be around 200 mg.

hope you know thw reason for fever in this case. write back for detailed advice if you would like to know more help in understanding the reason for fever.
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Mahabir Singh Tomar's  Response the given wight.. 20 kg single dose of paracetamol suppository doesnt causes significant problem,now you just forget that and ask for the tretment of fever if it is there
Answered: Sat, 28 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor