Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Hypothyroidism with overweight, what should i do ?

hi, i am 32 yrs and diagnosed with hypothyroid, the tsh level is 11.62 and i am also overweight . kindly suggest the best for me.
Thu, 28 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Poonam,

You need a prescription of thyroid hormone supplement. Your doctor would have prescribed the same for you.

Weight gain is a symptom of hypothyroidism. Once your hypothyroidism is adequately treated, your weight will also reduce.

Meanwhile, you can make some healthy lifestyle changes such as:
Avoid fatty, oily food
Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet
Avoid excess sweets
Exercise daily (brisk walking, yoga)
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor