Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Hypothyroidism since childhood. Taking eltroxin daily. Permanent cure for hypothyroidism?

Dear Sir, I am 29 yrs old man. I have been suffering from Hypothyroidism since I was infant [2.5-3 yrs.] I have been undergoing treatment of Dr. XXXXXX who is Endocrinology specialist in XXXXX. I am having Eltroxin 100mg daily 1+half tablet.[morning before b/f] Is there complete & permanent cure for Hypothyroidism? Is there any advance medicince & research to cure Hypothyroidism completely & permanently?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There is NO way to cure Hypothyroidism permanently - once for all.
However, it can be completely kept under control.
Daily medication is must.

There is typing error - Eltroxin dose is mcg (micro gram) / NOT mg (milli gram)...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 4 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor