Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Hypertensive. Taking BP pill. Tested normal for cholesterol levels except triglyceride. Proper treatment?

Good AfterNoon, My husband is 36 years old and is Hypertensive from last 6-7 years. He is taking BP pill . We got Lipid profile checked recently. All cholestrol levels are normal except Triglyceride which is 207 We took the adviice of Doc and he recommended that he can take the medicine 10 mg for 1 month and subsequently with diet and excersise this can be cured. My question is shall he take this 1 month course of pills to cure this or dietry supplment like Salmon Omega and diet control/excersise would help . Sir,Also Please advice what all precautions should be taken care. Please avice.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Since triglyceride levels are not very high and the required goal is to bring it below 150,your husband may resort to restriction of calories,regular exercises and reduction of weight.
Restrict sweets,alcohol,fatty and fried foods and junk foods like colas,burgers and pizzas.
With these measures,you shall definitely be able to reduce your triglyceride levels below 150.
Since the required goal is not that tough to achieve with lifestyle measures,medication may not be required.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor