Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Hypertension, high cholesterol levels. Slurred speech, semi conscious. Taking valsarten and atorvastatin. Need medical attention?

hai doctor my husband is having hypertension ,high cholestrol since 3 yrs ,he is 33 yrs male,he is occationally drinking.his work is too much tensed.but since 14 days he didnot drink even beers also.but today i noticed that he had slurred speech for 1 hrs,and he become semi conscious,after he slept.he wake up after 90 minutes,then he become ok,doctor pls tell me the reason.his bp-146/100 mmof hg,cholestrol uis controlled.on tab.valsarten 160 mg,esidrex12.5 mg&t. atorvastatin 10 mg
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,
Thank you for writing to us.
With his history of high blood pressure and high cholesterol along with a history of drinking and slurried speech and getting semiunconscious demands a visit to the emergency department as soon as possible to rule out anything serious.
At his age stroke is an unlikely possibility however I would still like that he should have a CAT scan of the brain done.
His continuously high blood pressure needs to be further investigated and he needs to have blood tests for kidney to see if his kidneys are okay.
Kindest Regards
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor