Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Hypermobility, costochondritis. On painkillers. Treatment for symptoms?

I have hypermobility which stops me doing certain activities, my advice from GP was to build up muscles but then I was diagnosed with costcocindritis which is really bad pain, the GP advised me not to do an strenuous activities which ruled out me strengthig my muscles. It s just a vicious circle. I get told to take painkillers but I want to do something about my conditions not take medicine when it s sore otherwise Nothings Goung to improve What can I do?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
This is an innune related problem with genetic predisposition. Symptomatic treatment is done with pain killers and hot fomentation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Fri, 16 May 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor