Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Hyper acidity, hardness, bulging in ribs. Taking rantac, gelusil provides relief. Medical condition?

Hello Doctor I am 55 I have been suffering from hyper acidity since 4or 5 years .I get relief when I take rantac tabs or gelusil tabs.Recently I have noticed hardness and bulge on the bottom intersection of rib bones (center of chest ).I feel as if some bone matter has over grown.Kindly tell me what it is,is it a medical problem?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by acid reflux disease, peptic ulcer or even stomach cancer. That is why, always when such symptoms appear, it is necessary to perform diagnostics before long term treatment. I suggest you to have upper GI endoscopy performed. Abdominal ultrasound and blood work should be also done. During the endoscopy, there will be Helicobacter Pylori test performed what can be a main source of your symptoms.
In a meantime you should avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, coffee, chocolate, fruit juices. Drink more mineral water.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor