Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Husband does not enjoy sex using condoms, asking for copper-t to be inserted. Side-effects and procedure?

I am 28 years old woman. I have been married for 2 years.I have 1 baby who is 7 months old. My husband does not enjoy sex using condoms .He has been asking me to get copper-t inserted.I want to know the procedure of insertion, it s side effects and how painful it can be during insertion and after insertion.when is the best time to insert it?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Cooper =T is an intrauterine device inserted by OG inside your uterus. Usually, there is no pain during insertion.

After insertion, some women have reported pain or cramps together with heavy periods. If you notice unusual symptoms can consult OG or physician immediately.

Be careful when having sex not to remove the Cooper-t to avoid laceration of uterus.

It can be inserted any time, but usually after the periods are over.

All the best!
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor