Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Husband disinterested in sex, all reports normal. Remedy?

Hi, I am 30 year old and my husband is32year old, it s now 7th year of my marriage. This is about my husband .he is not interested in sex or inter course. We have done some test of him like s.TSH, prolactin , testosterone ,lh/ fsh , CBS/s. insulin etc. But all the reports comes in prescribed range.this problem is from more than 5 years. What should we do now
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for question. Loss sex drive can be either due to psychological reasons or some underlying cause.I guess a doctors counseling is suggested in most case to find likely cause of it.In young patient psychotherapy can prove rewarding.Some medical conditions which can lead to this are diabetes, hypertension, heart or thyroid disorder.Few medications- beta-blockers, heart medications ,or he takes excess of alcohol, nicotine , these can be causative factors. If he is health wit any medical condition then few test which may help nocturnal penile tumescence and penile ultrasound with doppler . According the test results an appropriate management can be suggested.

Mean while drugs such as vardenafil (Levitra) or tadalafil (Cialis) can be helpful for getting and maintain erection.Making life style improvements (for example; quitting smoking, and exercising more) can be helpful. If you are on some medications then work with doctors to select medications that do not impair erectile function.

Answered: Fri, 15 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Sexologist Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa's  Response
your husband is not interested in sex for 5 years. one possibility is that he may be having depression. Does he have symptoms like reduced pleasure from activities he previously enjoyed, easy fatiguability ,loss of energy , problems in sleep etcetra.
good luck
Answered: Fri, 15 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma's  Response

Why your husband is not intersted in sex is not clear from your question, thus both of you should consult a Psychiatrist or specialist in Sexology.
Answered: Fri, 8 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor