Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Hurting ears, muffled hearing feeling with clogging. Suggessions for remedy?

hi my freind poped a baloon right next to my ear last night and my ear still hurts, there is a continuos high pich pure sound and my hearing has been noticably muffled. It feels like when you are on a airplane when your ear gets clogged but it wont go away. The balloon was small but had a lot of air pressurised inside of it and it was one of those water baloons. what should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
This is due to baro trauma.
You must consult your ent specialist and take antibiotics, decongestant tablets and nasal drops , and mucolytics.
The most important thing is you should avoid water to enter your ears until it is confirmed that the ear drum is healthy.
You may also require steroids for some time or drugs like betahistine to increase the microcirculation at the inner ear level .
You can discuss it with your doctor.
In doubt do reply
Answered: Thu, 28 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor