Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Hurting chest due to being in cheerleading team. Is a x-ray required to check ?

I have a high schooler who is base for the competitive cheerleading team and she keeps getting hits in the chest from her flyer falling on her and now her chest is hurting to breath and bend down. She says it will get better but then she gets hit again and it hurts even worse each time. When do I need to have an x-ray to check it out or is this just a normal thing with the flyer falling on her chest. The flyer weighs almost as much as my daughter. I just want to make sure she doesn t let this pain go on for too long. The stunt is just not hitting and she is getting hit a lot right now.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have read your query.

You should get x-ray chest AP view and send me the report.

I want to see the condition of ribs if its okay then it may be soft tissue injury.

I hope it helps.


Answered: Sat, 28 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor