Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Hurt knee, swelling, numbness, itching inside shin. Should I see a doctor?

Hi, I hit my knee in the front outer side in the softer spot very hard on the corner of a bed last Friday. When I woke up on Saturday my whole leg hurt from my hip to my ankle. After 10 hours in heels on my feet at work my knee and ankle were very swollen. Sunday, my shin bone felt numb up into my thigh. The pain is slowly getting better and the swelling is down, but the numbness is still there and now I feel like there is itching inside my shin. Is this something that I should see a doctor about?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The swelling and numbness in the area of injury is likely to be due to a soft tissue injury in the area. If there is no considerable pain on weight bewaring then a bone injury is not likely.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor