Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Hurt hand. Painful, swelling, bruising. Pregnant. Cannot take anti-inflmmatory drugs. See the doctor?

I hit the outside edge of my hand , including the pinky knuckle very hard last night, on the edge of the coffee table. It immediately was extremely painful and started to swell . I put ice on it over night (changing twice) for several hours. The entire rt side of my hand is very swollen and it hurts very bad to move it. I cannot bend my pinky or ring finger all the way. There is some bruising on the area of impact. I am also pregnant and cannot take unprescribed anti-imflametories. Should I go to the doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query,
It might be soft tissue injury or fracture.

Without X-ray, it is difficult to differentiate a fracture from others. I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance(With Xray gaurd as you are pregnant).

In the interim,beside icing, elevate the limb to reduce pain and swelling. Avoid liftting weight and rest well.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor