Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Hurt foot. What is the risen skin there? Will the joint be affected?

I smacked the outside of my right foot while pulling a barbque. It really hurt. As I continued on my way, it happend again in the exact same spot. A little later, an egg about an inch tall and oval in shape about 3 inches long developed. Does not hurt to walk, but is incredably sensivtive to touch and pressure. I noticed about 3 days later that there was bruising at the base of all my toes and a line along the outside edge of my foot. I called Kaiser Permanente and talked to a nurse. They set me up with an appointment two weeks out which will make it 3 weeks after the accident. I can manage with the pain, which is moderate along with an achy felling all round the foot. I just want to be sure that this might not be getting worse because I am walking on it. The injury seems to be right around the joint of the 5th matatarsil and the cuboid. Can you break a bone in this area and not have much pain when walking and putting weight on it?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello wolfbill

Thanks for posting your query

You might have lateral ankle sprain on right side.

You have swelling & tenderness over lateral aspect of foot & ankle.

There might be avulsion fracture base of fifth metatarsal.

So you need a x-ray. You have to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for exam. and ray as required.

Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor